- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee (I use the Starbucks Via packs)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (see note)
- 8 ounces marscarpone cheese or cream cheese (low fat cream cheese is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Place the instant coffee in the hot water and stir. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use. (Alternately: you can use an 8 ounce carton of whipped topping. See note.)
- Mix powdered sugar and marscarpone/cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the coffee.
- Add up to the entire amount of coffee, depending on how strong you want your tiramisu. (I added all of it because that’s how I roll.) Mix in vanilla.
- Fold whipped cream into coffee mixture gently. Place the tiramisu in a gallon size ziploc bag that is fitted with a large round or 1M tip.
- Pipe a small amount the bottom of each of 4 serving glasses (my glasses were 6 ounce size). Top the layer with a dusting of cocoa powder. Continue layering the tiramisu and cocoa powder.
- Once you get to the top layer, grate the 1 ounce of semi-sweet baking chocolate over the tops of the serving dishes (instead of the dusting of cocoa powder). This gives a sweet first taste instead of being bitter from the unsweetened cocoa.
- Chill, covered, in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe Source here