- 1/2 kg strawberries, trimmed and sliced (1/4 inch slices)
- 2 cups whipping or all-purpose cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Put half of the sliced strawberries in a food processor or blender and puree. Set aside the other half.
- Combine cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and heat with continuous stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl. Add the strawberry puree and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- While the chilling the mixture, dice the remaining sliced strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Pour the cooled cream mixture into an ice cream maker (refer to manufacturer instructions).
- Stir in the diced strawberries towards the end of the process.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container (or used ice cream container) and freeze for at least 2 more hours before serving.
Image: Eating Richly