- 1 Talakitok (I think this fish is a Long Nose Trevally in English)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 inch ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 shallot, sliced finely
- . freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- Clean and gut the fish, rub salt all over and then wash it all off to remove all slime.
- Score the fish skin on both sides ( see above photo). Stuff the ridges with ginger, garlic and shallot.
- Sprinkle some ground black pepper all over.
- In a flat surface arrange the aluminium foil. Put the banana leaf on top of the foil.
- Carefully transfer the talakitok over the banana leaf.
- Drizzle the fish with the oyster sauce all over.
- Wrap the fish and ensure to contain all the juices as well.
- Carefully secure the leaf by wrapping it with the aluminium foil.
- Put the foil package on a charcoal barbecue and cook for 20- 30 minutes. Check if it is done.
- Enjoy with freshly boiled rice.
Source: Global Granary