- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 500g beef tenderloin steaks
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped
- fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon (or more) olive oil
- 6 pcs. Potato Basket crispy
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cover and cook until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle steaks with coarse salt and pepper and cayenne, then chopped thyme. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook to desired doneness, adding more oil as needed, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Then add whipping cream.
- Divide potato basket then fill with beef tips among plates. Place steaks on plates and serve. Sprinkle with chives.