1 large-sized bangus(milkfish), scales removed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small sized carrot, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons raisins
1 large-sized egg, beaten
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons flour
cooking oil for frying
1. Using flat side of a knife, gently pound fish then break the spine near the head and on the tail.
2. Insert the spoon through the neck then gently scrape the meat off without breaking the skin.
1. In a bowl, marinate the head and skin with soy sauce and calamansi juice for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a pot, boil fish meat in water for 5 minutes. Drain
3. Remove remaining bones then flakes the meat. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and carrot.
2. Add fish meat, soy sauce then season with salt and pepper according to taste.
3. Add raisins then cook for 5 minutes while keep stirring. Let it cool then add egg and mix well.
1. Stuff the bangus with mixture until it resembles to original shape.
2. Dredge the fish with flour then fry in a low heat until golden brown.
3. Let it cool before slicing.